I am on the academic job market this year.
I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH). I got my Ph.D. degree from Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). I was a visiting student at University of Oxford .
My research interests are mainly focused on natural language processing (NLP) with machine learning approaches (especially deep learning), as well as application of artificial intelligence (AI) in medicine, healthcare, and finance. I served as the program committee of top-tier conferences: ACL/AAAI/IJCAI/EMNLP/NAACL/AMIA/ICML/ICLR, I was selected as ACL 2018 outstanding reviewer, COLING 2018 outstanding reviewer, AMIA 2020 annual symposium SPC. I won the COLING Best Paper Award at 2018, ACL Best demo Paper Award Nomination at 2018, and ISTD Best Dissertation Award. I am the developer of several popular NLP tools: NCRF++ and YEDDA, which attracted more than 2900 stars at GitHub.
I love badminton and swimming (Silver medal in Men's 100 metres freestyle at Chongqing University). I am on twitter.
Education and Experience
- 2018-present: Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH), Boston, USA.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Research: Medical and clinical NLP, AI for healthcare.
- 2014-2018: Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
Ph.D. in Computer Science.
Research: Deep learning for NLP, Deep Sequence Models.
ISTD Best Dissertation Award
- 2018-2018: University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
Visiting Ph.D. Student.
Research: NLP for finance analysis.
- 2011-2014: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
Master in Microelectronics.
Research: Graphene based transistor.
- 2007-2011: Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
Bachelor in Electronics, honour class.
Bachelor in Physics (double degree).
- 2019-Oct: Glad to serve as Scientific Program Committee (SPC) for AMIA 2020 annual symposium! (similar role as the area chair in *ACL conferences)
- 2019-Mar: Our journal paper "From Gensis to Creole language: Transfer Learning for Singlish Universal Dependencies Parsing and POS Tagging" is accepted by TALLIP.
- 2019-Feb: Our short paper "Subword Encoding in Lattice LSTM for Chinese Word Segmentation" is accepted by NAACL 2019.
- 2019-Feb: Glad to receive the Nvidia GPU Grant! Now I have my own weapon : )
- 2018-Dec: I have joined Harvard University (HMS & BWH) as a postdoc fellow, working on AI for healthcare.
- 2018-Oct: Glad to receive the ISTD Best Dissertation Award!
Academic Service and Teaching Experience
- 2020: Program Committee of ACL, AAAI, AMIA annual symposium(SPC), ICLR, ICML
- 2019: Program Committee of ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, AMIA, NAACL(kudos reviewer), NAACL (demo), IJCAI, CoNLL, CCL, NLPCC, PACLIC
- 2018: Program Committee of ACL(outstanding reviewer), COLING(outstanding reviewer), EMNLP, PACLIC, IALP, NLPCC
- 2017: Program Committee of AAAI, IWPT, IJCNLP, IALP
- 2016: Program Committee of NLPCC, CLP
- Journal Reviewer: International Journal of Medical Informatics, Neurocomputing, Artificial Intelligence Review, IEEE Transactions on BIG DATA, TALLIP, Computer Speech & Language
- 2016: Teaching Assistant for Computer System Engineering, with Prof. David Yau
- 2015: Teaching Assistant for Machine Learning, with Prof. Alexander Binder and Prof. Wei Lu
- NCRF++ : A Neural Sequence Labeling Framework Based on PyTorch. (#star > 1400)
- LatticeLSTM : Character based Chinese NER with Lattice LSTM. (#star > 900)
- YEDDA : A Lightweight Collaborative Text Span Annotation Tool. (#star > 500)