I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH), working on medical natural language processing. I graduated with a Ph.D. degree (computer science) from Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). My Ph.D. supervisor is professor Yue Zhang.
My research interests are mainly focused on natural language processing (NLP) with machine learning approaches (especially deep learning models), as well as artificial intelligence (AI) in medicine and healthcare. Here is my detailed CV.
I love badminton and swimming (Silver medal in Men's 100 metres freestyle at Chongqing University). I am in twitter.
Education and Experience
- 2018-present: Harvard University (Harvard Medical School & BWH), Boston, USA.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Research: Medical and clinical NLP, AI for healthcare.
- 2014-2018: Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
Ph.D. in Computer Science.
Research: Deep learning for NLP, Deep Sequence Models.
ISTD Best Dissertation Award
- 2018-2018: University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
Visiting Ph.D. Student.
Research: NLP for finance analysis.
- 2011-2014: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
Master in Microelectronics.
Research: Graphene based transistor.
- 2007-2011: Chongqing University, Chongqing, China.
Bachelor in Electronics, honour class.
Bachelor in Physics (double degree).
- 2019-Mar: Our journal paper "From Gensis to Creole language: Transfer Learning for Singlish Universal Dependencies Parsing and POS Tagging" is accepted by TALLIP.
- 2019-Feb: Our short paper "Subword Encoding in Lattice LSTM for Chinese Word Segmentation" is accepted by NAACL 2019.
- 2019-Feb: Glad to receive the Nvidia GPU Grant! Now I have my own weapon : )
- New: 2018-Dec: I have joined Harvard University (HMS & BWH) as a Postdoc fellow, working on medical NLP.
- 2018-Oct: Glad to receive the ISTD Best Dissertation Award!
- 2018-Sep: I graduate! Pic
- 2018-Sep: Glad to be ranked as Top 3 Python GitHub developers in Singapore by git-awards.
- 2018-Aug: Honored to be recognized as the Outstanding Reviewer at ACL 2018 and COLING 2018.
- 2018-Jul: Our YEDDA system has won the Best Demonstration Paper Nomination in ACL 2018.
- 2018-Jun: Our paper "Design Challenges and Misconceptions in Neural Sequence Labeling" receives COLING 2018 Best Paper Award!
Academic Service and Teaching Experience
- 2019: Program Committee/Reviewer of ACL, AAAI, AMIA, NAACL, NAACL (demo), IJCAI, CCL, NLPCC
- 2018: Program Committee/Reviewer of ACL(outstanding reviewer), COLING(outstanding reviewer), EMNLP, PACLIC, IALP, NLPCC
- 2017: Program Committee/Reviewer of AAAI, IWPT, IJCNLP, IALP
- 2016: Program Committee/Reviewer of NLPCC, CLP
- Journal Reviewer: International Journal of Medical Informatics, Neurocomputing, Artificial Intelligence Review, IEEE Transactions on BIG DATA, TALLIP
- 2016: Teaching Assistant for Computer System Engineering, with Prof. David Yau
- 2015: Teaching Assistant for Machine Learning, with Prof. Alexander Binder and Prof. Wei Lu
- NCRF++ : A Neural Sequence Labeling Framework Based on PyTorch. (#star > 1000)
- LatticeLSTM : Character based Chinese NER with Lattice LSTM. (#star > 620)
- YEDDA : A Lightweight Collaborative Text Span Annotation Tool. (#star > 330)
Publication (* equal contribution)
Effects of defects and thermal treatment on the properties of graphene
Kunpeng Jia, Yajuan Su, Yang Chen, Jun Luo, Jie Yang, Peng Lv, Zihan Zhang, Huilong Zhu, Chao Zhao, Tianchun Ye.